How to download and install the WearOS app
The WearOS app can be used in standalone mode without the need for the Android phone app. This makes it possible also for IPhone users who are using a WearOS watch to use this app.
Downloading and installing the WearOS app can be done in a number of different ways
- Searching the on-watch Play Store for Fit Companion directly
- If you have installed the Android phone app you should be able to find the app in the on-watch Play Store under the section "Apps on my phone"
- Also, if you have installed the Android phone app you can get help installing it on the watch by going to the Settings tab in the phone app and click on the Install WearOS app button in the bottom of the tab.
- Opening the play store in a web browser by clicking on the image below and choosing to install it on the watch from there. Make sure that you are logged in with your Google user id before installing. Note that if you try this from an Android phone it will most likely open it directly on the phone Play Store app instead and you can't install the watch app from there. In this case just use any of the other methods above
Functionality of the WearOS app
The WearOS app has almost identical features as the Android phone app. Please refer to the other pages in this website for information about the features
Navigation in the WearOS app
Navigation in the WearOS app works a bit differently from the Android phone app.
- The Navigation Drawer
- The navigation drawer is where you are navigating between different pages in the app.
- The navigation drawer can be accessed by scrolling to the top of page. This will cause the Navigation drawer to peak from the top of the display. Touch it or slide down from top of the display to open the drawer. Then choose which page to open.
- The Action Drawer
- The action drawer contains context sensitive actions that will differ between the different pages
- For example in the History page the Action Drawer will contain actions to select what data sources to display or what time span to use
- The action drawer can be accessed by scrolling to the top or the bottom of page. This will cause the Action Drawer to peak from the bottom of the display. Touch it to open the drawer.
Tiles are useful pieces of information that can be easily accessed by sliding left from the active watchface. Fit Companion has support for showing the status of your Fit Companion goals as a tile.
The Fit Companion tile is activated by sliding left from the watchface, then long pressing and continue sliding left until you reach the "Add tile" screen. Press the "+" button and select the Fit Companion Goals tile.
Once you have added the tile, press the "+" button to add what goals you want to see. Check those goal and press "Ok" and you're done.
A tip is to move the tile to the first position by long pressing on the tile and then pressing the left arrow until you reach the first position. Now you can easily see the status of your goals by just swiping left once.
You can easily change what goals to see by pressing the "+" button. There is no limit to the number of goals you can show (other than that the goal circles and the text gets smaller the more goals you add).
There are two types of complications in Fit Companion:
- Move reminder complication
This complication will show information on how much you have moved during the hour. It will show the number of steps taken during the hour as well as the number of Move Minutes.
To get move reminders you need to have this complication active on your watchface. Please read here for more information on Active Hours and move reminders.
- Goal complications
You can set any of your custom defined goals as complications on your watchface.